Friday, January 6, 2012

City-grown cornfield-student.

It looks like you’ve stumbled across my blog! This is either because you’re a good friend of mine or family, in which case, I hope that what is written here fills you in on my eastern experiences. Otherwise, you’re interested in China, in which case I hope to tell you my story and experiences in China as a 21-yr-old guy from St. Louis and a student at Taylor University in Indiana.

My name’s Kevin Baker, and I’ve been given the incredible opportunity to go learn in a foreign environment. I'll be traveling to Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai, but I'll mostly be in Xiamen in the Fujian province.

Specifically, I’ll be studying from January 9 to April 20 in Xiamen, China at Xiamen University. I study media production and international business, but the classes I take at the university will be on the business-side of things. What better place to learn about international business than at the country that’s been getting such extraordinary economic attention in recent years? To say the least, I’m excited about this experience, but not only because it’ll be great for my education.

Things I love about China:

Culture, Food, People, Language, City-life, Beautiful scenery, Adventure, Cheap Clothes, Mystery, Temperature, Challenge and Faith-Testing.

Besides these things, China is simply interesting to me. It’s just about the polar opposite when it comes to freedoms and lifestyles. I can’t wait to learn and be immersed through getting to know the Chinese people and live there.

Anyway, if you haven't found out, I love people. I hope to write about the people I meet, the travels I have, the observations I make, the events that occur and what I'm learning as my worldview becomes challenged. Please comment as much as you'd like!

- Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment